Labels are tags you apply to data you have stored in Handshake to help your classify and organize that data. There are three types of labels in Handshake (normal, public, and system) This article will highlight the process to bulk import either normal or public labels on data via the Importer.
NOTE ABOUT IMPORT LIMITS: You can only import 10 unique labels per file. You can include as many rows as you'd like, but if you have more than 10 different labels in the file, you should split into multiple separate CSV files.
- Ensure you have access to the Importer
- Review this label overview article + understand how to manually add/edit a label
High Level Workflow:
- Format your CSV file according to the specifications below
- Upload to the Importer with the file-type "Labels"
- Review the automatic analysis completes
- Choose the button to Submit and Request Run
Notes: Field options in italics are case sensitive and must match exactly although headers can be added in any order
- This cannot be the username (unless the username is the email address)
- This is the student or contact's email address
- If the account (email address) is not in Handshake, the label will fail to be applied
- If uploading Employers, this is the Employer ID
- identifiable_type (must be one of the following:)
- user_type (must be one of the following:)
- Career Services
- Blank if you are uploading Contacts, Employers
- This is the name of the label you want to use (only one label per row is allowed)
Note: this is a private/institution-only label