This article will go over how to request an event as an employer at school to which you are connected in Handshake. The event will stay in a pending status until the event is approved in Handshake by your host school.
1. Click "Create an Event" on your homepage or go "Events" on the lefthand navigation page and click "Request Event" on the top right hand corner.
2. Fill out the information requested about the event:
- Host School: A list of your connected schools will appear. Choose one to host the event.
- Career Center: If applicable at the host school, choose the career center on campus to host the event.
- Type: Select the type of event this will be to help students know what to expect
- Name: Type the name that will be visible to the school and students
- Invite Only: Select this box if you will be inviting specific students to the event. Leave this unchecked if you would like this event to be open to all students.
- Start and End Date of the Event
- Image: Upload an image visible to both the school and the students. If an image is not uploaded, the host school's logo will be visible.
3. Fill out the description of the event (visible to both the school and students) and complete the survey questions required by the host school.
4. You will be taken to the Overview page, where you will see the status as Pending in the top right hand corner. This will remain pending until the school approves the event. You will also see a summary of the information you provided, including your survey responses. If you need to change any of these details, please click Edit in the top right hand corner.
5. Navigate to the Qualifications on the top right hand corner where you can specify which types of students will qualify for the event. If you would like to leave this event open for all students, you can leave the qualifications blank but we do recommend identifying school years to which the event is targeted. Click update Qualifications in the bottom right corner when you have completed this step.
6. Once the event is approved by the school, you will no longer see the Pending status in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the Overview page. Instead, there will be a comment under "Activity and Comments" that states who approved the event and when. The event is now finalized!