Well, how do I do that?
- The best way to do this is through AWS s3.
- Once your IT team has configured the above, we request a couple test files to verify that it's working correctly.
- Please remember to indicate *test* somewhere within the file name
- This is to prevent and quickly address any errors that may occur
If this is automated, why do I have to manually send it through the command line prompt each time we want to upload a student file?
- Using aws cli allows your IT team the opportunity to set up a script or scheduled task that will automatically feed it through to us on the decided schedule. If you'd like to do this, please reach out to your IT team.
The following requirements are necessary before we can automatically process your sync:
- .CSV must meet the basic requirements here
- Sync has no errors
- This is confirmed by using the importer analysis feature
- (directly upload your file to the importer, wait for the analysis to complete, evaluate feedback, and correct as necessary)
- All headers must be correct
- All preset values must be correct
- No duplicates are found
How often can we sync our students?
We cannot automatically process a student sync multiple times within a 24-hour period.
Can we sync our alumni regularly too?
- If you wish to sync your alumni regularly, we do ask that you do not process this more than once a month and only send the last 6 months of alumni.
- If for any reason you have to upload more than that, please reach out to email@example.com for further assistance.
What happens if an error occurs later on, after we've automated our file?
- We have failsafes in place to ensure no detrimental errors can occur
- If there are any errors pre-run, autorun will cease and alert us
- We will investigate and see if we can resolve it on our end before reaching out to your team
- The email recipients should also receive a regular analysis of the file once it hits our servers; They will get a notification of the file failing or errors occurring
How to get set up on the email recipient list:
This will send you an email with each s3 transfer, once the analysis completes on our side (pre-run)
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that you be put on the recipient list. Our importer team will confirm that you're an acceptable party to be added and inform you of the addition once complete.
- No sensitive information can be transferred via automatic email analysis
What about post-run feedback - How can I receive any student records that error?
We are working on a response log feature.
In the meantime, our team monitors post-run errors. If there are errors we cannot resolve or need your attention, we'll reach out to get them corrected. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your importer team; We're more than happy to assist!