To better inform students about what is expected when requesting a Handshake account we will be allowing career services users to add a message to the student registration page. We will be releasing this on February 15th, 2018.
To add a User request custom message and link:
- Go to your school settings details page
- Add a User request custom message, make sure to include details about what is expected of students and alumni when registering for an account!
- Add a User request custom link to direct students to an external site that they need to visit before being approved in Handshake
- Add a User request custom link label to identify this link for students
- Add a User request additional info label to let students know what additional information they need to include to be approved as a user in Handshake
Note: If you add a user request custom message it will appear where you see the Handshake standard message, "Your school may have already created an account for you, which is pre-filled and ready to go. This account will be registered under your school email address (your .edu email address). Please try logging in using your school email first."
Student instruction updates:
How to sign up for Handshake will be replaced with the information below on February 15th, 2018.
To register for a Handshake account:
- To get started on Handshake go to yourschool.joinhandshake.com - this is very important so you get connected to the correct school
- If your school is not currently using Handshake you can visit https://app.joinhandshake.com/login
- Click Sign Up for An Account at the bottom of the page
- Click the Student / Alumni button.
- Fill in your personal information and create a password.
- Tip: When asked to enter your email please use your .edu email address if you have one.
- Next, you should see a screen asking you to confirm your registration.
- To confirm your registration, click on the link that you received in your email.
- Tip: If you don’t find your confirmation email, please check your spam folder. To prevent future e-mails from being sent into your spam folder add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
- If you still have difficulty please contact us here.
Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you are registered as a student and may now log in to complete your Handshake profile! If you only see Fairs and your profile on the left hand navigation bar you will need to reach out to your career center to be linked to your school. Learn more about getting connected to your school here.