This article outlines a high level overview of the Experiences process. If you need some quick context, want to understand the workflow from a birds-eye-view, or hope to follow along while you watch our recorded Experiences webinar, you're in the right place!
1. Survey(s). Career Services (CS) staff build custom surveys that will be used to integrate in the different Experience templates.
A few surveys that you might want to consider building (per template, if necessary):
- Student request custom questions - Unique questions that your program requires, or wants to expose to approvers (stakeholders) on an Experience.
- Approver custom questions - A survey that approvers take when reviewing the Experience details. Each approver could have their own survey (or none at all), if necessary.
- Evaluation custom questions - Questions used for program assessment goals- You can send a separate evaluation survey to students and approvers. You can also determine which approvers receive evaluation requests
Explore our documentation on surveys to learn more.
2. Template(s). CS staff create a new Experience template in the Experiences Preferences (School Settings) - adding those custom surveys.
3. Student Submission. Student receives a job offer (through Handshake or otherwise) and wants to use the internship for their program requirements.
- This article outlines how a student can submit an Experience.
- This article outlines how CS can also submit an Experience on behalf of a student.
4. Approval Kickoff. CS staff receives a notification for pending Experience and then reviews and kicks off the approval process
There can be a variety of hiccups here, so it’s important CS are as informed as possible on how to manually manage a lot of the tasks in this process.
Note: Approvers do not need a Handshake account - they will operate solely through these email links.
6. Internship. The student's internship or co-op opportunity begins! From here, fast forward to when CS need to send program assessments.
8. Report. Once evaluations are gathered, CS staff can then report on data tracked!