Here are a few reminders and best practices on working with Support to get your questions resolved as quickly and effectively as possible:
1. Select "Career Services or IT" when using our contact form
When contacting Support via our help form, please make sure to select "Career Services or IT" to ensure your question is routed to the relevant team. Otherwise, if you select "Employer" or "Student/Alumni," it will take longer to get a response as we have different response time policies for Career Services and Employers/Students. Even if you're helping an employer or student, please make sure to select "Career Services or IT".
2. Don't select 'Product Feedback" if you're submitting a question or issue.
If you have a question or are reporting an issue, please select the corresponding question type ("Question or "Report an Issue") on our help form to ensure your submission is routed to the relevant team. If you select "Product Feedback" you will only receive a response if we need additional information. We review product feedback submissions weekly.
3. Include as much information as possible: links, emails of people affected, screenshots, and errors
When contacting us, please include as much information as possible to help us resolve your inquiry as quickly as possible. For example, if you have a question or issue regarding a fair, please include the link to your fair when contacting us. If you're working on a report, please include the link to your report. Or if it's a job, interview, email, or survey, please include the link. Additionally, please include the emails of the users affected (yourself, colleagues, employers, or students). Lastly, please attach any screenshots and errors you see to help us troubleshoot further.
4. Review our prioritization guidelines
Please review our support question/issue urgency and prioritization guidelines here.
Examples of Urgent Issues Include:
- Issue affecting all users.
- Handshake platform is not accessible or there are data integrity issues with no workaround available.
- Examples: no career services staff, students, or employers can access Handshake. You have an event and the kiosk isn’t working. You have an Employer on campus for interviews but they can’t access applicants. All of your job postings or interview schedules are gone.
5. Review our Fall Readiness Setup Guides in the following areas:
If you're new to Handshake or need a refresher, please utilize our getting started guides below!