Handshake is partnering with school teams to send tailored and engaging "Welcome Back to School" email messages to activated and unactivated students this fall! Our goal is to support school teams in providing a "ready to send" resource as well as increasing overall student engagement in Handshake. Please see below for additional details:
- To manage your opt-in preferences for this campaign and future engagement campaigns, navigate to your feature preferences tab to indicate whether your institution would like to participate in the Welcome Back to School Campaign. You'll also be able to indicate which week you'd like to have the email sent to your students!
- Please note! Only individuals who have the “Manage Feature Preferences” permission can opt into these campaigns. To learn more about this permission level, please refer to this help center article.
- Schools who participated in the summer activation campaign will automatically be participating. All schools can choose to select a specific send date or choose to skip this email! If you skip this email, you will still be participating in ongoing activation and engagement email campaigns.
- Emails will go to activated and unactivated students that your institution has synced into Handshake. Email content is tailored by school year so emails will only go to students with the following school years indicated in Handshake: Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior.
- These "Welcome Back to School" emails are not customizable. If you would like to customize messaging or send to specific student groups in addition to or instead of these emails, we encourage you to leverage our "Welcome Back to School" template in Handshake's targeted email tool. A template that you can customize will be added soon! Just navigate to this site and click the "Handshake Templates" button on the right side of the screen.
Our marketing and design experts have created email messages tailored to unactivated and activated students with targeted messaging to Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Please see below for design iterations that will be sent to respective student groups.
Sender for all emails: [Name listed in Targeted Email Preferences]
Freshmen Email Designs:
- We’re excited you’re here, [Name]!
- Welcome, [Name]! College is just the beginning.
Unactivated Sophomores & Juniors:
- Your most important step on campus this fall.
- Welcome back, [Name].
Activated Sophomores & Juniors:
- Jump back in, [Name]!
- [Name], check out what’s new this fall.
- Discover your next step, [Name].
- [Name], let’s get started.
- This is it, [Name].
- Three must-dos this fall