To engage students throughout the Fall 2019 season, Handshake is partnering with school teams to send timely and relevant email messages to activated and unactivated students. Our goal is to continue supporting school teams in providing a "ready to send" resource while increasing overall student engagement in Handshake. Please see below for additional details:
School Participation & Details:
- To manage your opt-in preferences for the Fall 2019 Activation and Engagement Campaign, navigate to your feature preferences tab to indicate whether your institution would like to participate.
- You'll also see the option to participate in our Welcome Back to School email. Read more about that email here!
- You can opt-in or out at any time for these emails through the feature preferences tab if the timing or content ever does not work for your team.
- Please note! Only individuals who have the “Manage Feature Preferences” permission can opt into these campaigns. To learn more about this permission level, please refer to this help center article.
- Two weeks prior to an email going out, we will update this help center article and notify members on your team who have “Manage Feature Preferences” with the email content and the target send date. You can always opt out of an email prior to it getting sent!
- Emails will go to activated and unactivated undergraduate students that your institution has synced into Handshake.
- No more than 2 emails per month will be sent to your students through this campaign. We typically provide a three day range for each round in the timeline below since we will be sending these emails to 1 million+ students. With that, our email system needs three days to get all of the emails out!
- These emails are not customizable. If you would like to customize messaging or send to specific student groups in addition to, or instead of, these emails, we encourage you to leverage our templates that we will add to Handshake's Targeted Email tool in the next few weeks. Just navigate to this site and click the "Handshake Templates" button on the right side of the screen.
Timeline is currently tentative. Final send dates and content will be shared 2 weeks prior to each email round.
- 1 "Welcome Back to School" email in early fall. Send date range can be determined by school in the feature preferences tab
1 email per student going out within the date range of September 23-27
1 email per student going out within the date range of October 8-11
- 1 email per student going out within the date range of Oct 23-25
1 email per student going out within the date range of November 7-8
- 1 email per student going out within the date range of December 9-13
Our team will update this help center article share content with those who have the "Manage Feature Preferences" permission prior to each email round going out.
- Example content includes:
- Discover Reviews on Handshake
- Discover Peer-to-Peer Learning on Handshake
- Tips to Optimize Handshake
- Job Digest Recommendations (for unactivated students)