Connect candidates with like-minded peers outside of your recruiting team, so they can have a more authentic candidate experience.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource!
What can Advocates do on Handshake?
Advocates can message students, launch Check-in Kiosks, and review Event & Career Fair RSVPs. However, they cannot:
- Request School Access
- Post Jobs / Interviews
- Request Events / Fairs
- Review Job & Interview Applicants
- Access the Talent Engagement Suite (including Segments, Campaigns, and Branding)
Think of it as ‘read-only’ rights to all things event & individual messaging-related. They can assist you with candidate engagement, but they can’t do anything else.
For additional background, refer to A Guide to Employer Role Types in Handshake.
How do I set someone up as an “Advocate”?
On the Teammates page, click on the dropdown in the Role column, then select Advocate.
Next, click the three dots menu to the far right of the teammates name, then click Make visible on Company Profile. This will allow students to view your Advocate's profile.
How do I invite Advocates to use Handshake?
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click Teammates.
2. Click the button Copy Invite Link in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. Select Advocate from the role dropdown, then copy the link that populates.
Share this link with your colleagues, so they can connect automatically with your company upon creating and confirming their account.
Advocate Campaigns (Functionality)
1. Tag Advocates when you create your Campaigns
Click the downright arrow to the far right of the Related teammate field to select the Advocate.
Note: when tagging an Advocate, only Advocates with the relevant permission will display as an option in the dropdown. For additional details, refer to Employer Role Types: Advocate.
2. You’ll see the Advocate show up in your Campaign Preview, along with your message.
Feel free to tweak your message accordingly, to share more about the person you’ve included.
3. Students receiving the Campaign will be able to click through to your Advocate’s profile.
They can proactively send them a message if they have a question about their experience at your company.
4. Advocates get notified (via email) about student messages
They can log in to message the student back, or reach out (individually) to other students in their network.