For the best Handshake experience possible, we recommend using Chrome. Chrome supports all Handshake features (including blurred background when using integrated video). If Chrome is not your default browser or is otherwise inconvenient to use, most Handshake features are supported on the most recent versions of the following browsers:
Note: we no longer support any version of Internet Explorer.
If you are using an outdated browser version, the following error may appear:
"It looks like your browser is out of date and not fully supported. This may cause Handshake to work improperly. We recommend updating your browser for a better experience and improved security."
Most modern browser versions released within the last rolling 6 months should enable you to use Handshake features, however, there may be certain limitations or behaviors specific to the browser used.
We recommend updating your browser whenever a new version is available as updates often include performance and security fixes.
If you're experiencing an unexpected error or other behavior, try the step again using Chrome!
If you're already using Chrome, or if the issue occurs in multiple browsers, clear your cache/cookies, then open a new page and try again.
- Here is a great article that highlights how to do so on a variety of browsers: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/
- If you're unable to perform a full cache clear (can't restart your browser at the moment), you can use an Incognito / Private Browsing Window to simulate:
- PC (Windows 7/8/10) - Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+N with browser open.
- PC (Windows 7/8/10) - Firefox, Edge: Ctrl+Shift+P with browser open.
- Mac (OS X) - Chrome, Safari: Command+Shift+N with browser open.
- Mac (OS X) - Firefox: Command+Shift+P with browser open.