On the day of the virtual fair, you'll be able to join sessions via the Your Sessions tab in the fair. You'll see a banner on your dashboard that will take you directly there.
Note: You must be signed up for the session at least one minute prior to the session start in order to join.
1. Navigate to the fair in Handshake and click on the Your sessions tab.
2. Click the blue Launch Video button in order to join the session. You can join up to five minutes early to test your audio and video connection.
3. You'll need to make sure you've allowed microphone and video access in your app or browser in order to participate in audio and video.
- Please refer to Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting (Students) for additional information to ensure a smooth audio and video experience!
- Safari does have a slightly different permissions process, detailed in the above link.
Here's an example of the prompt in Chrome:
4. Use the three dots menu icon or the word Settings to access meeting settings:
- Audio settings
- Video settings
- Report a problem
Note: In group sessions with more than 15 participants, we will automatically disable participant audio and video to preserve session quality.
When this happens, the meeting host will be able to enable a Raise Hand feature. Simply click the hand icon to raise your hand. The host will be able to call on you to participate, and you'll be able to use audio and video.
Share your screen
Employers may choose to allow you to share your screen during the session. If this has been enabled, you'll be able to click the computer icon button to initiate screen-sharing.
Choose to share your full screen, a particular application, or a specific tab within your browser window.
Reporting a problem
Report Technical Issue
You can report an audio issue, video issue, chat issue, or other. This will be generate a ticket for our team to review, as well as help us continue to improve our product.
To report a participant, right click on their name in the participants list, then select Report User. The user will not be alerted that they have been reported.
Note: if you report another participant, the session host will be notified and have the option to remove that user from the session.
For more details on this process (including screenshots of what the forms look like), please refer to Reporting an Issue at a Virtual Fair.
Leaving a session
Sessions will end automatically 20 minutes after the scheduled end time, to allow for additional conversation.
Participants may leave a session and rejoin, but may only be connected to a session via one device.
When the session ends, a prompt will appear asking for quality related feedback, which uses a 5-star rating system and a text box for additional details.