Check out our video walkthrough of locating and registering for virtual fairs here!
To identify a virtual fair, you can use the Location Type filter on the Fairs page. Put a check next to Virtual to only display fairs that will be held virtually.
You may also use other filters on this page as desired to narrow down the displayed list of fairs.
Note: Only the fair registrant will be able to set the schedule for all representatives. If you realize this should be someone else after the registration has been created, you can reach out to the school to request a change to the Schedule Owner (a field Career Services only will be able to edit).
To register for a fair, click on the name of the desired fair from the list.
Click on the blue button Register in the upper-right corner of the page. You’ll need to fill in the following information:
- Select a Registration Type (formerly known as booth option on physical fairs)
- Total Representatives Count for Session (the number of teammates that are participating in the fair)
- Names of Representatives Attending this Session
- Add-on Items (depending on school setup)
- General Items (depending on school setup)
- Employer description (The default limit is 750 characters, but this may be changed per each school's preference and may vary from fair to fair. To confirm the limit, look below the company description text box that says "The career fair organizer has set a limit. XX characters remaining")
- Schedule Owner (The teammate that is responsible for creating the fair schedule. This person must have an active Handshake account and be set as a Recruiter, Owner, or Admin role.)
- Division (Multiple divisions may not be registered for the fair, so if there are other divisions that wish to attend, leave this field blank)
- To help support multiple divisions attending, each registration allows for group sessions throughout the entire fair (12 maximum, if the fair is 6 hours) and up to 100 teammates to attend.
- Are the roles you want to fill posted on Handshake? (yes/no/I’m not hiring for a specific role right now)
- If yes/no, add Job Titles
- Do any of the positions that you are hiring for require work authorization? (yes/no)
- If yes:
- Would you sponsor a work visa for the right candidate? (yes/no)
- Are you willing to hire candidates that are temporarily authorized to work for a defined period in their field of study? (e.g. for a job / internship under OPT/CPT) (yes/no)
- If yes:
- Employment Types (Full-time/Part-time)
- Job Types
- School Years
- Accept All Majors (dependent on school allowing)
- Select Major Groups or individual majors
- Payment Method (credit card/manual, depending on school settings)
- Enter billing address
- Confirm understanding of refund policy (check the box to confirm!)
Click the blue Create Registration button in the lower-right of the page to finish and submit the registration to the school for approval.
When the registration is submitted, a confirmation will load with a reminder for next steps (waiting for school approval and setting up a schedule).
Note: A schedule may only be set once the registration is approved. The Schedule Owner will receive a notification when registration has been approved, so you can set your schedule at that time.
Please refer to Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs for more information and next steps.