Here’s a brief overview of what changed:
- With the release of native video on Handshake, we require employers to inform and obtain prior consent from job seekers before initiating any kind of video recording.
- To protect the privacy of job seekers, third party recruiters may only use candidate data to market employment opportunities which those candidates have already applied to.
- We want Handshake to be a conducive platform for all, so we are further broadening our definition of spam to include messages that have a low response rate.
As a reminder, these very basic privacy principles guide all of our policies and practices:
- Students are in complete control of what data they make public
We give students control over whether they want to make their profile public to employers and what information they share on it. No student data uploaded to Handshake is ever viewable by any employer until a student has chosen to make their profile public.
- Education partners choose the student data they share with Handshake
We respect the rights of students regarding their own personal data, and we are proud to work with Education partners to find the best ways to maximize their career center’s value without compromising student privacy.
- Handshake will never sell personal student data
We have never done it and we never will! Our business model is based on offering valuable tools for our student and employer users that enhance the career discovery process. Your email address and personal data will never be sold to any third party.
Please note if that you reside in the EU or other regions outside the US, information collected through our Service will be transferred to and processed in the US or elsewhere. While Handshake participates in the EU/US Privacy Shield program as described below, these locations may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially used our Services. By using our Services, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article is closed for comments.