If you need to reschedule a virtual career fair, you can do so by following the steps below.
Note: you will not be able to simply change the date on your existing fair –– you will need to cancel your existing fair and create a new one.
1. Download the list of students and employer attendees from your current fair.
- Quick Downloads: Career Fair Employers
- Attendees: Download Event and Fair Attendees Across Multiple Schools
- These steps remain the same for a fair hosted only at your school or across multiple schools –– the only change is the information included for registered students from other schools.
2. Move the current fair to ‘Drafting’ status.
Setting the fair status to 'Drafting' will ensure it is no longer visible to students or employers, while keeping all fair data intact (both for the fair itself and in analytics reporting).
To do this, click the Edit tab in the upper-right corner of the fair overview page, then change the Status to Drafting. To save this change, click the green Update Career Fair button in the lower-right corner of the page.
3. Duplicate the existing fair and update to the new start and end date.
Duplicating the fair ensures your fair setup (i.e. descriptions, welcome message, registration types, etc.) remain the same.
Note: employer registrations and student signups are not duplicated, since their availability may differ on the new date.
For more information, including steps to duplicate the fair, refer to Fairs: Duplicate an Existing Fair.
4. Send communication to both students and employers so they may register for the new date.
Since registrations are not duplicated, students and employers will need to create new registrations and schedules for this fair that fit their availability on the new date.
Communication should include information about the rescheduling of your fair, the new fair link, and any other registration information.
Note: Your team can also create registrations on behalf of employers if you wish, to make it easier for them –– just make sure that the Schedule Owner field in the new registration matches the original registration. Learn more about creating a registration on an employer's behalf here.
5. Monitor fair engagement (schedule creation and session signups).
After registering, employers and students will need to re-create their schedules and session signups to fit their availability on the new date.
To help monitor engagement, we provide insights on the employer registration overview page as well as the Session Details page. For more information, refer to Virtual Fairs: Monitoring Fair Engagement and Virtual Fairs: Session Details.
- Virtual Fairs: Supporting Employers
- Virtual Fairs: Supporting Students
- Fairs: Refund a Registration
- Fairs: Discount a Registration
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your Handshake Relationship Manager.
Article is closed for comments.