Virtual info chats in Handshake provide a way for employers to connect quickly with students via our integrated video.
This feature is available for all employers in Handshake (Core and Premium partners).
- Availability calendars enable you to setup a schedule to show when you can host virtual info chats.
- Using Handshake's integrated video feature, you can schedule and launch scheduled chats on our platform, saving time and resources.
- Note: you may use a different video provider, if preferred. In this case, you will need to share the external video provider link with your candidate(s).
Availability calendars are enabled by default. However, users have to create a schedule (set up availability) to host virtual info chats.
If you do not want your team to have access to this feature, the company's Owner (or an Admin) will need to disable it via Global Settings. Read more in Company Settings: Global Settings.
Access your availability calendar
Availability calendars may be accessed via Meetings from the left navigation bar in Handshake.
When configuring a schedule:
- They can be set up for only one person per schedule.
- They can be set up for yourself or a teammate.
- They can be recurring. However, they cannot be repeated for more than 6 months at a time.
- Sessions are limited to 15 minutes each (this length cannot be changed)
- Sessions can only be hosted on Handshake video. However, there is with no recording option.
If you're ready to set up your availability, check out Availability Calendars: Set up a Schedule.
Promote an availability calendar
Once the schedule is setup, students will be able to schedule time and they can be invited to sessions as well.
Currently, availability calendars can be promoted via bulk messages. Learn more about Virtual Info Chats in Bulk Messaging.