If your institution sent emails via our legacy tool, Mass Emails, you can still access email engagement details for sent emails. For information on using our upgraded email tool, refer to An Overview of Using Targeted Emails.
Click Emails from the left navigation column in Handshake, then click View Legacy Emails in the upper-right corner of the page.
The Mass Emails overview page displays a list of previously composed emails. Use the filters on the left to narrow down displayed results by Status or User (who created the email).
Download aggregate engagement data
To download aggregate engagement information, follow the steps below:
1. On the overview page, put a check next to the needed emails to select them.
2. Click Download, in the upper-right above the emails display table, to start building the download file.
3. The popup will update with a download link when the file is ready–click the link to proceed. The link will also be emailed to your email address (you will need to be signed in to Handshake download the file).
The .csv file contains the following columns:
- Owner First
- Owner Last
- Recipient Count
- Total Opened
- Total Clicked
- Unique Opened
- Unique Clicked
Review individual email engagement data
1. Click on the email name, or click the three hash marks to the far right, then click on View Mass Email.
2. On the page that loads, you can review data via the following methods:
- Campaign Summary: this displays the number of recipients, total number of opens, and total number of clicks.
- Individual URL Clicks: this displays the total number of clicks per unique URL. If there are no clicks on a specific URL, then that URL will not be displayed.
- Export Recipients: a .csv download that provides individual recipient engagement data
- The fields included in this .csv are the same as Targeted Emails. For details, refer to Quick Downloads: Targeted Email Recipients.
Note: the Events by Day chart displays opens and clicks within the last 5 days.