When messaging students, Premium employer partners with Talent Engagement Suite may now choose to attach a team member to the message.
This feature mimics the "Related ambassador" field in Campaigns by allowing the sender to attach a Hiring Manager, Ambassador, or Student Ambassador to the message. (You can also attach yourself, if you'd prefer!)
Students will be able to message the attached team member from within the message thread.
Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
Permissions related to attaching a team member
In order to access this feature in messages, your user account role type must be set to Recruiter, Owner, or Admin, and you must have a Premium Seat.
Team members being attached do not have to have a Premium Seat, however, they:
- must have the role type Hiring Manager, Ambassador, or Student Ambassador
- should be enabled to receive student messages (via your company Global Settings) in order to receive student messages
- Learn how to "Allow Students to Message Public Staff" via How to Edit Your Company Settings > Other Preferences topic.
Where to find "Introduction to a Teammate"
As this is a newly developed feature, it is currently available in the following locations only*:
- Bulk messages generated from Candidates > Your Candidates
- 1:1 message generated from Candidates > Your Candidates > Student profile > Message
*Over the coming weeks, "Attach a team member" will be rolled out in more locations across Handshake. As those changes are released, we will update this article accordingly, as well as our Employer Product Release Notes.
How to attach (introduce) a team member
1. Click the blue text Include, in the lower-right corner of the message composer. From the menu, click Introduction to a Teammate.
2. In the popup that appears, click in the text field for a list of eligible team members, or you can begin typing to search as well.
If searching, team members will be displayed based on matching names and labels applied.
3. After selecting the team member, click Attach to add them to your message. The selected team member's name will display below the message text box.
4. Click the blue button Preview message, in the lower-right corner, to proceed.
To make changes, click Cancel in the lower-left corner of the Message Preview popup.
5. When you're ready to send, click the green Send message button in the lower-right corner.
A confirmation will appear at the bottom of the page "Your message has been sent to NUMBER OF CANDIDATES.", and the message will be viewable in your Sent messages.
Here's an example of a student receiving a message with a team member attached:
For the full student experience, check out our student-facing resource, Receiving Employer Messages in Handshake.