By configuring your Availability Calendar, you can easily facilitate virtual info chats with students.
Note: if you're unable to configure an availability calendar, reach out to your company's profile Owner to verify whether Availability Calendars are enabled. If needed, refer to Who is the Owner of my Company's Profile?.
Set up your schedule
1. Click Meetings from the left navigation bar, then click the blue button Create in the top-right of the page.
2. From the dropdown, select Availability Calendar.
Configure your schedule
There are two steps to configure your schedule: Details and Scheduling time.
When configuring a schedule:
- They can be set up for only one person per schedule.
- They can be set up for yourself or a teammate.
- They can be recurring; however, they cannot be repeated for more than 6 months at a time.
- Sessions are limited to 15 minutes each (this length cannot be changed)
- Sessions can only be hosted on Handshake video. However, there is with no recording option.
Step 1: Details
This schedule is for (choose one)
- Someone on my team
Select team member
- Teammates must be active and connected to your company profile.
- Select team member
Click Next to proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Scheduling time
Length of Meetings
- Virtual info chats are 15 minutes and cannot be changed.
- Click into the Date field and select the date in the calendar modal.
- Select the start and end time from the drop-down menus.
- Click into the Timezone field and select your timezone.
- Does this schedule repeat? (select Yes / No)
If Yes, enter the recurring schedule's repetition frequency:
- Repeat every NUMBER (textbox) per Week / Month (select one)
- Repeat on DAY (choose one or many)
- Ends after NUMBER (textbox) of occurrences (cannot repeat for longer than 6 months)
- After entering the number of days, the end date displays to the right of this text field. The date is updated based on the week/month, days, and number of occurrences. Adjust repetition details as needed to achieve the desired date.
Click Save to create the availability calendar. The page will refresh to display the newly configured calendar.
Once a calendar is created, you can review and manage your schedule. Refer to Availability Calendars: Manage a Schedule.