In order to host virtual info chats with students, you must configure your Availability Calendar schedule. To learn more, refer to Availability Calendars for Virtual Info Chats.
You can either set up your schedule via the Scheduling tab, or during the job creation/editing process.
Note: if you are missing the "Scheduling" option, confirm with your company profile's Owner to ensure Availability Calendars are enabled. For assistance, check out Who is the Owner of my Company's Profile?
Setting up your Schedule
To set up your schedule via Scheduling, click on Scheduling from the left side bar in Handshake, then click the blue button New Schedule in the upper-right of the page.
To set up your schedule when creating or editing a job posting, select the option "Yes, I want interested candidates to reach to me for a conversation" on the Basics tab.
- Under "How do you want candidates to contact you?", check Schedule a virtual info chat with me based on my availability.
When you save the job posting, you will be prompt to set up your availability. Click the blue button Set up availability to proceed.
Once the button is clicked, you will be redirected to the Scheduling page to configure your schedule.
Configuring your Schedule
Once you set up your calendar, there are two steps to configuring your schedule: Basic Information and Schedule Details.
When configuring a schedule:
- They can be set up for only one person per schedule.
- They can be set up for yourself or a teammate.
- They can be recurring; however, they cannot be repeated for more than 6 months at a time.
- Sessions are limited to 15 minutes each (this length cannot be changed)
- Sessions are only able to be hosted on Handshake video with no recording option.
Step 1: Basic Information
- If you are a Premium partner, select Availability calendar to the far right. (Core employers do not have this prompt).
- If you are a Core employer, the Schedule Type section will not be visible. See example of how Step 1 appears below:
- Select who the schedule is for (choose one)
- Someone on my team
- Choose your teammate from the dropdown menu. Teammates must be active and attached to company profile in order to be selected.
- Click Next to proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Schedule Details
- Length of Meetings (virtual info chats are 15 minutes and cannot be changed)
- Date (textbox) and time (dropdown menu for start and end times)
- Timezone (dropdown menu)
- Does this schedule repeat? (select Yes / No)
- If Yes, enter the recurring schedule's repetition frequency:
- Repeat every NUMBER (textbox) per Week / Month (select one)
- Repeat on DAY (choose one or many)
- Ends after NUMBER (textbox) of occurrences (cannot repeat for longer than 6 months)
- After entering the number of days, the end date displays to the right of this text field. The date updates based on the week/month, days, and how many times to repeat. Adjust repetition details as needed to achieve the desired date.
Click Save to generate the availability calendar. The page will refresh to display the newly configured calendar.
Once a calendar has been configured, you can review the session(s) at any time by clicking Scheduling from the left navigation bar, then clicking on the name of the Availability Calendar.
There are three tabs in the upper-left of the page, under the calendar name: Sessions, Details, and Candidates.
Use these tabs to help manage the schedule moving forward. For more information, refer to Availability Calendars: Manage a Schedule.