In order to host virtual info chats with students, you must configure your Availability calendar schedule. Read more on Availability Calendars for Virtual Info Chats.
You can start to set up a schedule from one of two locations:
- via Scheduling from the left navigation bar in Handshake, then click the blue button New Schedule in the upper-right of the page
- if you are missing the "Scheduling" option, double-check with your company profile's Owner to ensure Availability Calendars are enabled. For assistance, check out Who is the Owner of my Company's Profile?
- when creating or editing a job posting, select the option "Yes, I want interested candidates to reach to me for a conversation" on the Basics tab
- Under "How do you want candidates to contact you?", check Schedule a virtual info chat with me based on my availability.
- When you save the job posting, a prompt will appear indicating "Next step: Set up your availability"– click the blue button Set up availability to proceed.
Once you are in the setup workflow, there are two steps to configuring your schedule: Details and Schedule Block.
Step 1 "Details"
- If you are a Premium partner, select Availability calendar on the right (Core employers do not have this prompt).
- For Core employers, here's an example of how the schedule creation form appears:
- Select who the schedule is for (radio buttons–choose one) M
- Someone on my team
- Choose your teammate from the dropdown menu. Teammates must be active and attached to company profile in order to be selected.
- Click Next to proceed to Step 2.
Step 2 "Schedule Block"
- Length of Sessions (virtual info chats are 15 minutes and cannot be changed)
- Date (textbox) and time (start time / end time dropdowns)
- Timezone (dropdown)
- Does this event repeat? (yes / no)
- if yes, enter details:
- Repeat every "NUMBER" week or month (dropdown)
- Repeat on (select one or many days of the week)
- Ends after "NUMBER" occurrences (cannot repeat longer than 6 months)
- if yes, enter details:
- Click Save to generate the availability calendar. The page will refresh to display the newly configured calendar.
Once a calendar has been configured, you can review the session(s) at any time by clicking Scheduling from the left navigation bar, then clicking on the name of the Availability Calendar.
There are three tabs in the upper-left of the page, under the calendar name: Sessions, Details, and Candidates. These tabs will aid you in managing the schedule moving forward. For more information, refer to Availability Calendars: Manage a Schedule.