Virtual info chats in Handshake provide a way for employers to connect quickly with students via our integrated video. To better facilitate scheduling these chats, you can attach Availability Calendars to bulk messages.
Note: Integrated video on Handshake is incorporated into all Availability Calendars, for all employers. You may also use a different video provider, if preferred and share the link with your candidate(s).
Availability Calendars can be attached to bulk messages via Job Matches and Your Candidates*.
Job Matches: all employers on Handshake may share Availability Calendars via Job Matches.
- Navigate to the desired job in Handshake, and from the job overview page, click the Matches tab.
- Check the box to the left of each relevant candidate's name, then click the blue button Invite to Apply, at the upper-right corner of the Matches table.
*Your Candidates: Premium partners may also share Availability Calendars via bulk messages created from Your Candidates.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource!
- Navigate to the Candidates page in Handshake.
- Check the box to the left of each relevant candidate's name, then click the blue button Message, at the upper-right corner of the candidate table header row.
Attaching Availability Calendar
In the message composer, click the blue text Include, to the left of Preview Message, then click Availability Calendar.
In the popup modal, core employers may attach their own availability to bulk messages, and Premium partners may choose to attach their own availability as well as a teammate's availability.
If your availability has already been configured, a pop-up verifying available sessions will appear. Confirm the details, then click the blue button Attach to proceed.
If availability has not yet been configured, the pop-up displays the message "Looks like you don't have any availability set up. Set some up now." Click the blue text Set up my availability.
In the pop-up modal, click on either My Availability or A Teammate's Availability.
When attaching A Teammate's Availability, select your teammate from the dropdown that appears.
If availability has already been configured for yourself or your teammate, a green banner will load confirming the number of available sessions. Confirm the details, then click the blue button Attach to proceed.
If availability has not yet been configured, the popup displays either "Looks like you don't have any availability set up. Set some up now." or "NAME has no availability set up."
Click the blue text Set up my availability or Set up availability on their behalf to proceed.
Configuring Availability Calendar
The Availability Calendar settings are the same for all employers. When choosing to set availability, a pop-up modal will appear and you will be prompted to configure the following details:
- Length of meetings: 15 minutes (this cannot be changed)
- Date and time: select the appropriate date and choose a start and end time
- Timezone: select your timezone from the dropdown
- Does this event repeat? (Yes / No)
- If Yes: set the frequency (Repeat every "NUMBER" of Week / Month), days of the week (Repeat on one or many), and Ends after "NUMBER" of occurrences.
From here, click the blue button Attach to save availability and proceed.
Once attached, the calendar will display in the lower-left corner of the message box with a calendar icon and your or your teammate's name.
For more information on accessing and managing availability, check out Availability Calendars for Virtual Info Chats!