The Interview Preferences tab within School Settings allows you to configure default on campus interview settings for student access and employer requests (i.e. room cost and count).
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click School Settings.
2. Click Interview Preferences from the left menu.
Student Permission Label
Handshake allows you to use labels to restrict particular students from taking on campus interview slots.
Use this section to enable and manage this restriction, as described below.
1. Check the box for Permission Label to enable this feature.
2. Select either must or must not from the dropdown menu.
- must: if selected, students can only sign up for on-campus interviews if the selected label is applied to their profile
- must not: if selected, students can only sign up for on-campus interviews if the selected label is not applied to their profile
3. Enter the desired custom message in the Permission Denied Message text box. This is the message that is displayed for students that are unable to participate in on-campus interviews.
This is not required, however, it is strongly recommended so students understand the limitations.
4. Click the green Save button in the lower-right corner of the section to save changes.
Note: the student permission label preference applies to all student accounts connected to your institution and is not customizable per career center (if you have a distributed campus).
The preferences are general settings for on campus interviews, defined by the following:
- Daily Room cost - charge employers for reserving an interview room by adding a default room cost
- Maximum Rooms per Request - limit the number of rooms employers can request for an interview
- Room Capacity Count - enable this to ensure employers do not request more rooms than are available
- Approval Message - create a message to employers within an interview schedule approval notifications
- Student Message - create a message to students for when they are able to take a slot
After making changes, click the green Save button in the lower-right corner of this section to save your changes.
- If you have a single career center configured in Handshake, this section is titled Settings.
- If you have a distributed campus with two or more career centers configured in Handshake, there will be a section for each career center–each section will display the career center name instead of "Settings".