Use this resource if a school is not able to be selected when creating an on-campus interview request!
The dropdown menu may not display all schools you're approved at, so we recommend to type in the name of the school to locate it. If there are no results when performing a keyword search, then follow the steps below:
1. Determine if the Favorites Filter is on or off.
When applied, only schools in your Favorites List will be able to be selected for On-Campus Interviews, so if the school isn't in your Favorites List, it will not be displayed.
The Favorites Filter is located in the upper-right corner of the screen, to the left of Help. If it is "On", the text will read Favorites filter applied.
To troubleshoot, click on the text, then uncheck the box to turn the filter off. This will allow all approved schools to be selected.
For more information on this filter, check out Using the Favorites Filter.
2. Double-check you're approved at the school.
If the school still cannot be selected with the Favorites Filter off, confirm if you are currently approved at the school.
In the upper-middle of your screen, below the browser web address bar, is a blue "global search" bar. Type in the name of the school, then click on the result that appears.
The school page will load–in the School Approvals box, there should be a green oval that reads "Approved".
- If your status reads "Approved", move on to step 3.
- If the status is anything other than "Approved", you will not be able to engage with the school until you've been approved.
- You can request to connect or if your request is Pending, In Progress, or Declined, follow up with the school for additional information pertaining to your request.
- Here are some additional resources that may be helpful in the meantime:
You can also double-check approval status via Schools > Your Employer's Schools–all approved schools will be listed on this page!
3. Confirm the school has granted your company permission to Post Interview Schedules.
If you are approved with the school, to the right of the approval status is Permissions. This section displays the permissions your company has been granted. Post Interview Schedules should be in green, bold text with a checkmark icon to the left of "Post".
If it is not, you'll need to request a permission update from the school directly. Leave a comment on the school page, or use the contact information on the left of the page.
You can also double-check approval status via Schools > Your Employer's Schools + check the filter Post Interview Schedules –all schools that have granted this permission will be listed on this page!
4. Contact the school's Career Center to confirm they are both using the interview feature in Handshake and have configured related settings.
If you've followed steps 1-3 and are still unable to select the school, it's possible the Career Center may need to either configure related settings (such as marking a career center as available for interviews) or update their Interview Season dates (if in use, the dates when employers can request schedules).
We recommend to reach out to the school directly for clarification and next steps!