If you've recently requested an experience and need to edit the details, you can do so as long as the request is in Pending status and neither of the Approvers have acted upon the request.
If you need to edit the information on an Approved, Declined, Needs Review, or Completed experience, you'll need to contact your schools Career Service Center for assistance. To find your school's contact information, refer to How to Locate your School’s Contact Information in Handshake.
1. Click Career Center on the left navigation menu, then click Experiences.
2. All of the experiences that you've previously requested will be listed on the page. Locate the experience you'd like to edit, then click the blue button View Details.
3. Click the Edit tab in the upper left corner of the page below the header bar.
4. The following information can be updated on your experience:
- Employer Phone Number
- Employer Email Address
- Job Type
- Employment Type
- Pay Period
- Offer Date
- Offer Accepted
- Add Experience to profile?
- Date Offer Accepted
- Survey questions included on the request
5. Once the changes have been made, click the green button Update Experience to save.
A green banner will become available at the top of the experience's overview page confirming the experience has been updated!
This doesn’t tell me how to change my skills when it asked what skill I will bring to the work space.
There is no button for me, which should be found in the upper left corner.
Emma Kaiser Hi Emma! You can only edit Experiences that are in Pending status. This means neither of the Approvers has acted upon the request.
If the option to edit has been removed, this likley means one of the Approves acted on the request. To make an update to your experience, you'll need to contact your schools Career Service Center for assistance.
If you need help locating your career center info, refer to https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/11989879543319.
Please sign in to leave a comment.