Handshake Login: Visual Refresh
- We're rolling out a refresh of the Handshake login page to make sure that:
- There is consistency between the login page and the homepage of the application
- School branding is more explicit
- The login experience is simpler and more enjoyable for everyone!
- Below is an image of what the login page will look like on individual school pages. The Sign In button will display what you have previously configured. There will be no changes to functionality, we are just adding more visual elements. The other login screens will see a similar update - again, no changes to functionality.
- This update will go live for all schools by March 1 - keep an eye out!
- Our Employer Product Team is developing a new feature for premium employers that will help schools better track off-campus and virtual events that employers were previously hosting outside of Handshake via third-party event hosting platforms.
- In order to quickly get information to students about off-campus and virtual events they’re hosting, employers are using external event hosting platforms to create an event and get a public link to promote to students via Handshake messages. This restricts schools’ and Handshake’s ability to track which events are being created and which students are attending.
- Premium employers will have the ability to create a public link for their off-campus and virtual events through Handshake.
- The link will function just like a link from an external event hosting platform - it can be sent to students to drive students to RSVP for the event. However, the event will not show up in the Handshake interface for students, unless they received the link and registered for the event or favorited the event.
- These events can still subsequently be sent to schools for approval. Upon approving the event, it will become discoverable in the Handshake interface for your students and you’ll gain access to any existing RSVP data related to your students.
Product Roadmap Webinar
- Join our upcoming Product Roadmap Webinar to stay in the loop on Handshake's product roadmap themes for the year ahead.
- During the session (Thurs, Feb. 7 @ 10am PST) we'll cover updates to all three sides of Handshake’s product - come learn what we’re building for career services, students, and employers!
- Register today!
Post is closed for comments.