For Our Higher Ed Partners…
To make it easier to share product feedback with our team, you can now access our product feedback form via the Help dropdown at the top of your Handshake account. As always, it’s also available as an option when you’re submitting a support ticket. We review feedback submitted by our partners—a critical component of our product building process—on a weekly basis.
Virtual Fair Toggle
We’ve released a new toggle that allows you to designate whether a career fair will be virtual or in-person. This option will appear when creating a new fair, or editing an existing fair. While indicating that a fair will be virtual is not yet connected with any additional functionality, it will be later this summer—marking a fair as virtual ensures that you gain access to new virtual features as they’re launched. So far, 69 schools have created 140 virtual fairs on Handshake!
- Read more about converting an existing fair to virtual here
- Read more about setting up a new fair here
“Fresh” Tag for Recently Posted Jobs
We’re rolling out a new design for job cards shown on the student homepage that includes a “Fresh” tag for any jobs posted within the last two weeks. In the future, we plan to also add the “Fresh” tag to jobs that employers are actively messaging students about. The “Fresh” tag is currently visible to 20% of students.
Streamlining Job Search
We’re updating the job search page to better support the popular student tactic of saving jobs to review later. The option to save a job (using the bookmark icon) is now more prominent, as is the option to view your saved jobs. We’re also updating the way we display jobs details to ensure students can get the most critical information at a glance. The new search page is currently live for 50% of students.
For Our Higher Ed Partners...
Virtual Career Fair Solution
We are developing a virtual solution to replace in-person fairs that we plan to launch in time for fall. We want to understand how Handshake can change how we think about career fairs, while maintaining the same value that traditional fairs have always brought in terms of revenue, student exploration, and recruiting. We’re focusing on what you, your students, and your employers gain from an in-person fair and we’re cognizant that an exact replica over virtual channels may or may not be able to achieve the same benefits.
- Read more about our initial plans here
- Join us for a demo of our virtual fair features on June 17th at 10am PT or June 18th at 11am PT
Access to Data
We’re building updates to our reporting tools that make it easier for your team to tell your story with data. These updates will go live over the summer. Planned updates include:
- Consolidating the data we share to make it easier to create cross-functional reports.
- Adding definitions to our data fields, so you can better understand the data you have access to.
- Adding saved and scheduled reports, so you can more easily share data with campus partners and external systems.
Employer Messaging Dashboard
To give you an even more comprehensive picture of employer engagement on Handshake, we’re building a new dashboard that shares which companies are messaging your students and which types of students are seeing the most engagement.
In order to encourage recruiters to find new students on Handshake, we’re developing a hub that will help them discover which students would be good candidates for their open positions, understand how students are engaging with them, and reach out with thoughtful messaging.
- We’re also planning to introduce candidate digest emails, highlighting great students for employers to review.
- This feature will be available both for free and premium employers—premium employers will have access to more advanced filtering, and to a more comprehensive overview of past engagements with students.
Post is closed for comments.