For Career Services…
Merged Reports & Data Definitions
The student, employer, and staff report types now give you access to all available data fields for those users. Review student appointments and event attendance or employer job postings with fair registrations in a single report. Additionally, all data fields are now defined via a tooltip so that you can better understand the reports you build.
Career Fair Host
We’ve released a new toggle that allows you to designate whether a career fair—virtual or in person—will be hosted through Handshake or an external system. Selecting “External” will allow you to enter a registration URL for students that Handshake will redirect to.
Appointment Kiosk Updates
We’ve refreshed the kiosk design, built an appointments-only kiosk option and added a search bar on the drop-in appointment type kiosk page to help streamline the check-in process for students.
Streamlining Job Search
We’ve updated the job search page to better support the popular student tactic of saving jobs to review later. We also updated the way we display jobs to ensure students can get the most critical details at a glance. The new interface is live for 99% of students. We’ll maintain a 1% holdout for another few weeks to monitor the long term impact of these changes.
In May, we released the following accessibility updates:
- We now inform assistive technologies of changes in content - Any changes to the UI after the page was loaded will be announced to users via assistive technology.
- We now ensure color is not the sole means of indicating error messages - All errors will now be rendered to the screen with an error icon to ensure they’re recognizable.
- We now ensure form field constraints and errors are associated with their corresponding field - Users will now be notified whether by all input and/or labels if the input is required.
For Career Services...
Virtual Career Fair Solution
We are developing a virtual solution to replace in-person fairs that we plan to launch in time for fall. We want to understand how Handshake can change how we think about career fairs, while maintaining the same value that traditional fairs have always brought in terms of revenue, student exploration, and recruiting. We’re focusing on what you, your students, and your employers gain from an in-person fair and we’re cognizant that an exact replica over virtual channels may or may not be able to achieve the same benefits.
Employer Messaging Dashboard
To give you an even more comprehensive picture of employer engagement on Handshake, we’re building a new dashboard that shares which companies are messaging your students and which types of students are seeing the most engagement.
- Read more about how students engage with employer messages here
- Read more about how we keep messaging safe for students here
Saved & Scheduled Reports
Building on the merged reports and data definitions updates, we’ll be adding the ability to:
- Save your favorite reports in Handshake and access a repository of saved report templates created by Handshake.
- Schedule reports to be sent to external systems or stakeholders on a regular cadence.
In order to encourage recruiters to find new students on Handshake, we’re developing a hub that will help them discover which students would be good candidates for their open positions, understand how students are engaging with them, and reach out with thoughtful messaging.
- We’re also planning to introduce candidate digest emails, highlighting great students for employers to review.
- This feature will be available both for free and premium employers—premium employers will have access to more advanced filtering, and to a more comprehensive overview of past engagements with students.
Please sign in to leave a comment.