For Career Services…
Virtual Fair Employer Registration Page
We’ve updated the employer registration page so that the name, status, and balance due for employers is sticky as you scroll across the page.
Help Center Search Within Handshake
We’ve added the ability to search through Handshake help articles directly within our product. Click the Help menu in the upper right corner of the screen, then click Search Support Articles. This is a great way to find answers to your questions more quickly!
New IP Addresses
We have started sending emails from four new IP addresses (in addition to the four we currently use). If you haven’t already, please alert your IT contact to this change to maintain email deliverability.
- Share this expanded list of IP addresses with your IT contact so that they can “allow” them.
Career Interests in Real Time
When students log into Handshake for the first time, they complete a series of onboarding questions to populate their profiles and collect career interests. The information we collect in onboarding will now immediately impact the job recommendations we show the student, rather than taking a short time to be reflected. This change has been rolled out for 50% of students.
Join a Group Session Late
Students can now sign up for and join a virtual fair group session after it has started.
- NOTE: This is now live on web and our iOS and Android apps!
In the last month, we released the following accessibility updates:
- Provided a clear indication of fields in error for information that is submitted - The main pages we updated were the login and registration screens.
- Further ensured page tabs provide state and role.
Help Center Search Within Handshake
Mirroring the update listed above for career services, employers can search the help center directly from the Help menu in Handshake.
For Career Services...
Later this fall, you’ll be able to schedule reports to be sent to external systems or stakeholders as an image, PDF, or CSV. This update will help you showcase the outcomes of your work this fall with other team members and institutional leaders.
- Check out the recording of our recent reporting webinar for more details on this release.
- We’re looking for beta testers to try out scheduled reports in December. If you’re interested, please discuss participating with your team. Then, fill out this form!
Virtual Fair Target Audience Data
In the coming weeks, we’ll release three new fields on the virtual fair creation form—target student attendee count, target employer attendee count, and target industries.
- The target attendee information will help us better track your progress toward student and employer registration goals and establish more network-wide benchmarks.
- If your fair happens to target specific industries, we’ll use that information to promote the fair to relevant employers.
Job Role Filter
We plan to replace the existing job function filter with a job role filter on the job search page.
Earlier this year, we built a new model to recommend virtual fair sessions to students, based on their career interests and Handshake profile data. We’re expanding that model so that it can recommend all types of events on Handshake. Implementing this model will allow students to sort events by relevance in Handshake.
We’re building a new tab in the Candidate Hub for premium employers. The “Your Candidates” page will be populated by students who have interacted with the employer in the past—students that follow the employer, have attended events, applied for jobs, and more. This will allow employers to better keep track of students over time and stay connected.
- In the future, we plan to build a version of “Your Candidates” for core (free) employers that will share some of this engagement information as well.
Automatic Job Role Tagging
When employers create a new job in Handshake, they’re asked to tag job roles to categorize the opportunity—this makes it easier for Handshake to recommend the opportunity to students. We’re building a model that will analyze job postings and automatically recommend job roles to tag.
- Note: Tagged job roles will appear on the job show page after the job has been created. Employers will be able to edit the generated job roles from there. We’ll roll this update out slowly over the coming weeks to acclimate employers.
Managing Virtual Fair Sessions
We’re adding more virtual fair schedule editing options to the Manage Sessions dropdown menu. Soon, employers will see options to “Add a New Teammate” and “Add a New 1:1 Schedule”. As with other options on the Manage Sessions dropdown, employers will be able to take these actions before or during a fair.
Post is closed for comments.