For Career Services…
Custom Request Info
Virtual Fair Report Templates
We've released 5 shiny new virtual fair report templates. Use them to save time when you're building post-fair reports:
- Employer Schedule Creation %
- 1:1 Sessions, to Sign up, to Attendance
- Employer 1:1 sessions % Filled
- Group session Sign Up to Attendance
- Unique Session Sign up to Attendance
Follow Employer with No Virtual Fair Schedule
When looking at the Available Sessions page, students now see the option to follow an employer that has not set up their schedule yet. Students who follow the employer will get a notification email when the employer sets up their schedule. This update is now live for 100% of students.
Join a Group Session Late
Students can now sign up for and join a virtual fair group session after it has started.
- NOTE: This is currently available to students accessing Handshake via a browser. It’ll be released on iOS and Android in the coming weeks.
Last month, we tackled several projects to improve the accessibility of our product.
- Applied a better solution for the tabs throughout the student product
- Standardised solutions to access the various forms and lists on the profile page
- Removed a few unnecessary screen reader announcements that could confuse the user
- Ensured custom buttons and controls are accessible by the keyboard without the use of a screen reader
Candidate Digest Emails
All employers with an active job posting will start receiving weekly emails highlighting students that would be a good fit for their positions. The emails will link back to the Candidate Hub.
- Read about the Candidate Hub for Core Employers here
- Read about the Candidate Hub for Premium Employers here
Edit 1:1 Qualifications
Employers can now edit qualifications for 1:1 virtual fair sessions using the Manage Sessions dropdown menu before or during a fair.
Community College Filters
Employers now have filters to help them identify community colleges when searching for schools. Additionally, premium employers have community college filters in the Segments feature, where they build lists of students to target with messaging campaigns.
For Career Services...
Later this fall, you’ll be able to schedule reports to be sent to external systems or stakeholders as an image, PDF, or CSV. This update will help you showcase the outcomes of your work this fall with other team members and institutional leaders.
- We’re looking for beta testers to try out scheduled reports in December. If you’re interested, please discuss participating with your team. Then, fill out this form!
New IP Addresses
In December, Handshake will start sending emails from four new IP addresses (in addition to the four we currently use). Please alert your IT contact to this change to maintain email deliverability.
- Share this expanded list of IP addresses with your IT contact so that they can “allow” them.
Job Role Filter
We plan to replace the existing job function filter with a job role filter on the job search page.
Earlier this year, we built a new model to recommend virtual fair sessions to students, based on their career interests and Handshake profile data. We’re expanding that model so that it can recommend all types of events on Handshake. Implementing this model will allow students to sort events by relevance in Handshake.
We’re building a new tab in the Candidate Hub for premium employers. The “Your Candidates” page will be populated by students who have interacted with the employer in the past—students that follow the employer, have attended events, applied for jobs, and more. This will allow employers to better keep track of students over time and stay connected.
- In the future, we plan to build a version of “Your Candidates” for core (free) employers that will share some of this engagement information as well.
Automatic Job Role Tagging
When employers create a new job in Handshake, they’re asked to tag job roles to categorise the opportunity—this makes it easier for Handshake to recommend the opportunity to students. We’re building a model that will analyse job postings and automatically recommend job roles to tag.
Managing Virtual Fair Sessions
We’re adding more virtual fair schedule editing options to the Manage Sessions dropdown menu. Soon, employers will see options to “Add a New Teammate” and “Add a New 1:1 Schedule”. As with other options on the Manage Sessions dropdown, employers will be able to take these actions before or during a fair.
Please sign in to leave a comment.