Additional Email Addresses (Beta)
Students at beta institutions can now add additional email addresses to their account and opt to use them to receive communications from your team and from Handshake. This feature will roll out for all schools by the end of the year.
- If you’re participating in the beta, share this help article with students to encourage them to add additional email addresses to Handshake.
- If you’re interested in participating in the beta, sign up here.
Virtual Info Chats
We've launched virtual info chats—informal, 15-minute 1:1 conversations between a student and employer, hosted on Handshake. Virtual info chats were created to help students connect with employers in a less intimidating setting to get an inside look at company culture and available opportunities.
- All employers (free and premium) are able to offer students availability for virtual info chats within job postings. In the coming weeks, we’ll add the ability to share virtual info chat availability via messages too.
- Share this help article on scheduling virtual info chat availability with employers.
Highlighting jobs with a messageable employer
We’re testing a new homepage module to help students find opportunities where the employer has indicated they’re open to receiving messages about the role.
- In the coming weeks, we’ll add a new filter to the Jobs page to help students find jobs like this as well.
For Career Services...
“Academic/Degree Fit” Job Decline Reason
We’re adding a new job decline reason to allow your teams to designate when a job doesn’t match your institution’s academic or degree offerings. This was a highly requested update from our partners following the launch of job decline reasons.
- NOTE: We do not recommend declining jobs based on academic/degree fit. Our relevance algorithm promotes opportunities that align with a student’s career interests and/or area of study. Jobs will be surfaced to students that may be interested in them.
- As noted in our recent webinars, our long term vision is for students to be able to access all Handshake jobs and to continue to strengthen our relevance algorithms to make recommendations even more personalized.
We’re building over a dozen new first destination survey dashboards to help your team more easily segment, visualize, and share student outcome data. You'll be able to analyze trends across outcome types, student demographics, location, industry, major, college and more—plus, extensive filtering options will help you quickly drill down to unique subsets of your student body.
Post is closed for comments.