For Career Services…
Mobile App Promotion Email Template
We built a new email template you can use to promote Handshake’s mobile app to your students.
- US partners can check out the template here. UK partners can check out the template here.
- Interested in more marketing strategies to promote the mobile app? Check out this handy guide!
Additional Email Addresses (Beta)
Students at beta institutions can now add additional email addresses to their account and opt to use them to receive communications from your team and from Handshake. This feature will roll out for all schools by the end of the year.
- If you’re participating in the beta, share this help article with students to encourage them to add additional email addresses to Handshake.
- If you’re interested in participating in the beta, sign up here.
Virtual Info Chats
Virtual info chats—informal, 15-minute 1:1 conversations between a student and employer, hosted on Handshake—are live. Virtual info chats were created to help students connect with employers in a less intimidating setting to get an inside look at company culture and available opportunities.
- All employers (free and premium) are able to offer students availability for virtual info chats within job postings and messages.
- Share this help article on scheduling virtual info chat availability with employers and share this help article with students.
Highlighting jobs with a messageable employer
We’re testing a new homepage module to help students find opportunities where the employer has indicated they’re open to receiving messages about the role. We also added a new filter to the Jobs page to help students find jobs with a messageable employer.
For Career Services...
“Academic/Degree Fit” Job Decline Reason
We’re adding a new job decline reason to allow your teams to designate when a job doesn’t match your institution’s academic or degree offerings. This was a highly requested update from our partners following the launch of job decline reasons.
- NOTE: We do not recommend declining jobs based on academic/degree fit. Our relevance algorithm promotes opportunities that align with a student’s career interests and/or area of study. Jobs will be surfaced to students that may be interested in them.
- As noted in our recent webinars, our long term vision is for students to be able to access all Handshake jobs and to continue to strengthen our relevance algorithms to make recommendations even more personalized.
Employer and job approval re-requests
As discussed in our recent Reimagining the Employer Trust Score webinars, we’re building a new toggle you can use when declining an employer or job to indicate that you’re open to approving the employer or job if certain changes/updates are made. Your team will then be able to describe the requested changes/updates. Employers must include a comment explaining how the changes were addressed in order to re-request approval. You’ll be able to see which of your pending employer/job approvals are re-requests too.
We’re building over a dozen new first destination survey dashboards to help your team more easily segment, visualize, and share student outcome data. You'll be able to analyze trends across outcome types, student demographics, location, industry, major, college and more—plus, extensive filtering options will help you quickly drill down to unique subsets of your student body.
We’re launching Alumni Hub to all schools in the coming weeks. The hub helps you build, track, and nurture relationships with your most important alumni contacts. Centralizing key data about employer users who attended your institution, Alumni Hub acts as a jumping-off point for engaging your alumni-turned-employer partners and unlocking unique opportunities for your students.
- Learn more about Alumni Hub here.
- Special thank you to our beta testers, whose feedback informed a slate of updates we’re making ahead of the launch.
Post is closed for comments.