For career services...
Signal boosting (beta launch)
Signal boosting allows your team to highlight employers with a special quality — like an alumni connection or DEI commitment — that's uniquely compelling to your students. Highlighted employers will be featured throughout the student experience, embedding your team’s expertise more deeply into Handshake. Signal boosting is currently live for partners participating in our beta launch program.
- Learn more about signal boosting here.
- Read about how signal boosting fits into Handshake’s broader vision to increase access in our new whitepaper Open network, expert guidance.
- Watch recordings of signal boosting office hours here.
Students have a new way to get contextual information from their peers about working for an employer. For job postings with no messageable employer, we'll display a messageable student who submitted a review of the employer or who listed the employer in the work experience section of their profile.
Learn about updates we released for employers in April here.
For career services...
Event creation form
We’re updating the user interface of the event creation form and splitting out “virtual” as an event medium, instead of an event type. Additionally, the option to invite employers to an event will be included directly within the event creation form itself for a more seamless experience.
Importing additional student email addresses
This spring, we’ll allow career services to import multiple .edu email addresses per student account. This update will help prevent students from accidentally creating a duplicate account if your institution issues multiple email aliases.
Increasing event and fair registrations
Over the last few months, we’ve conducted research to learn about what matters most to students when searching for and attending events and fairs. Later this spring, we’re launching updates informed by this research to help students more easily find relevant programming. Our goal is to drive more student registrations at your events and fairs.
- We’re adding more recommended events and fairs to the student homepage.
- We’re updating event pages to highlight information that’s most important to students.
- We’re revamping the event search page to differentiate between events where an employer is attending and events focused on career guidance from your team. Review a mockup of the new experience below (design subject to change).
Learn more about these product updates and our research with students here.
Post is closed for comments.