If you've reviewed the saved reports available and none meet your needs, this article will walk you through creating a new custom report in Analytics.
In this walk-through example, the goal is to see the number of students in Handshake per Level of Study name. The general step to take is listed first, with details specific to this example included at the end of each step as indicated "for this example".
1. Click Create Report in the upper-right corner of the Analytics overview page.
2. Select the desired report template, then click Submit.
For this example, the template to select is Students, since Level of Study information is housed on the student profile.
3. Review any default filters that load and determine if they will support the story you want the data to tell. Click the X to the right of the filter to remove it.
For this example, the default filters do not support the reporting goals, so each can be removed.
4. Review the template's available dimensions and measures in the field picker, and select the desired filters and results to include in the report.
- Tip: Use keyword search at the top of the field picker to quickly locate dimensions/measures!
For this example, the dimension Level of Study is included as well as the measure Students Count.
5. When you're ready to see the report results, click Run in the upper-right corner. When the report loads, a total row count will appear to the left of the Run button.
For this example, the circle with a line through it indicates null, meaning 10 students in this demo site do not have a Level of Study tied to their account. It can be helpful to pull null data when you are looking for students missing fields, and it can also be helpful to exclude null values, depending on reporting goals.
6. If you are interested in visualising this in a graph, click Visualisation (the middle black bar between Filters and Results), then select the desired graph style.
7. If you'd like to save this report for future use, click Save Report in the upper-right corner of the page.
Enter a Report Name, Description (optional), and Sharing preferences (private to you only, your institution, or your institution and the Handshake Network), then click Save.
You can make changes to the report at any time - just remember to click Confirm Changes in the upper-right corner if you'd like to save the changes made!
Article is closed for comments.