Ideally, 1–2 weeks before the event, you'll want to ensure that all your company's staff hosting or participating in the event have active Handshake accounts, are connected to the correct company, and are familiar with the Handshake features they'll be using.
Use the best practices below to ensure you're prepared to host the event and have a smooth day-of experience!
Ensure team has active accounts
All teammates participating in the event must have an individual active Handshake account.
See below for considerations, common situations, and recommended resources:
- Only the company Owner can invite staff to join the company directly.
- To locate the Owner of your company account, refer to Who is the Owner of my Company's Profile?
- In order to launch a check-in kiosk an in-person or join a virtual event, your teammate(s) must have an active Handshake account.
- If you're the Owner of the account, send them an Invite link via the steps in How to Invite Staff Members to Join Handshake.
- You may not see your colleagues on the Teammates page if they have not yet created a Handshake account, are not approved at your company, or are not connected to your company.
- If you're the Owner of the account, use the article above to invite your colleagues to create accounts and join your company.
- To learn how Owners and Admins can approve staff at a company, check out How to Approve Teammates at a Company.
- If your colleague is connected to the wrong company profile, refer to Leaving a Company in Handshake.
- To help your colleague navigate setting up a new account, share Create an Employer User Account, Join a Company, and Connect with Institutions.
As soon as they register for their account and connect to the company profile, they will appear on the Teammates page.
Ensure you're familiar with the Check-in Kiosk*
If you're a Premium partner hosting an event, get familiar with the check-in kiosk prior to the event!
Our check-in kiosk allows you to collect student information, promote job postings, and store check-in information if the internet is unstable.
- Check out our Event Check-in Guide.
Note: the event check-in kiosk feature is for Handshake Premium accounts only, as a part of Event Manager. For more information, reach out to your Account Manager (current partners) or if you're not yet a Premium partner, check out this resource.
Take note of participants to follow-up with
During the event, keep track of participants that you want to follow-up with later. While preparing for the event, it's a good idea to get familiar with ways you can keep track of participants you want to further engage with.
- Closer to the day of the event, check out RSVPs to get familiar with students planning to attend.
- Learn more about Accessing Event and Fair RSVPs.
- During the event, you can manage your RSVPs with evaluations, notes, and labels. You can also download public CVs.
- After the event, you can message and follow up with your RSVPs.
- Check out Messaging Event and Fair RSVPs.