Handshake's Support Team is available to assist with a variety of questions, including troubleshooting unexpected behavior or how to use the features.
Core employer submitted tickets are generally addressed based on the order of submission, and tickets from Premium partners are addressed both by order of submission and urgency.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
Ticket Urgency and Classification
The Handshake Support team uses the framework below to prioritize and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Any critical issue affecting all users.
- Handshake platform is not accessible or there are data integrity issues with no workaround available.
- Example: no career services staff, students, or employers can access Handshake. The kiosk is not working properly during your event. All of our job postings or interview schedules are gone.
- Handshake issue is persistent and affecting major functionality for several users.
- Major Handshake functionality is impacted or there are significant reliability issues.
- There are no feasible workaround(s) available.
- Example: employers can’t register for an event or fair.
- Handshake issue is affecting a small amount of users.
- A short-term workaround is available, but cannot be scaled.
- Inquiry regarding a routine technical issue or Handshake features, use, or configuration.
- Example: how do I post a job or request an event?
Support Interaction Policy
Handshake strives to provide the safest environment for our users and employees while engaging in any conversation on our platform or vendor tools we use to service our customers. We require consensuality when interacting with our team members, meaning that conversations must remain professionally relevant and contribute to our community in a constructive manner.
We require that every user be civil and respectful as they interact with our team. If any of our employees wish to terminate the consensual conversation due to abusive behavior, they may do without penalty or fear of retribution.
Handshake does not tolerate abuse of its employees: We do not allow profanity, bullying, harassment, unwanted advances, threats, violence, intimidation, prejudice, retaliation, discriminating, dehumanizing, or hateful language/action against individuals working for, or on behalf of, Handshake.