If you see the following analysis error after submitting your file to the Importer:
A system error occurred while running this static analysis.
What does this error mean?
This could be due to:
- Additional columns/commas in the file that have no entries
- The easiest way to check this is by right-clicking the file and opening it in a text editor
An example of what you may see:
- Note that if there are trailing commas [creating additional columns] this is generally affected throughout the file and must be corrected
- If it's occurring for your automated sync, you may have to contact your IT department to have it corrected
- If it's occurring in a one-off file (that is not sent through AWS), a quick way to resolve this is by going into excel and highlighting the "empty columns" to the right - remove them by right-clicking and delete
- The file is not a true .CSV
- See: CSV Rules and Requirements
- You can check this by typing in your command line prompt:
- $file filenamehere.csv
- use a file viewer
- File contains line breaks or new lines that are causing an issue (CRLF terminators)
Once you have addressed this error and made any necessary file formatting adjustments, you can resubmit your file for processing!