UPDATE: Please note that now you will need the CareerFairSession ID instead of the CareerFair ID. The CareerFair ID is no longer valid.
Please see below for instructions. You can download the example CSV file for this job type here.
Note: You will only be able to import attendees on institution hosted events.
In order to upload a list of attendees, you will need:
- Event ID or Career Fair Session ID
- Event ID can be found at the end of the event URL
- CareerFairSession ID can be found by going to the Career Fair and selecting 'View Registered Students':
- Then select which session the attendees should be associated with.
Note: You will need to select a session even if the Career Fair has only one session.
- Then use the session ID provided in the URL:
- Student email address
- Student account must exist within Handshake, and their account needs to be confirmed (if it was manually created).
Format file using the following format:
|student_email_address||Yes||The email address of the student attendee|
TRUE or FALSE
TRUE or FALSE
Must be one of the following:
(no space between words)
|identifiable_id||Yes||Contains the Event or Career Fair Session ID (found in URL)|
- Warning: This defaults to UTC. *Please see: Date and Time Formatting
This is the import_identifier from your Events import - ONLY if your historical events were imported.
Note: This is not typically used in attendee uploads so include the header name in your file but leave the field blank.
- The identifiable_type is dependent on it being an Event or CareerFairSession (found in URL - "events" or "career_fair_sessions")
- identifier will need to be included in the file, but please do not put anything in this field
- If you do not include registered or checked_in, the attendee record will default to FALSE for both of these. The attendees file supports bulk uploads of students who have registered and/or checked in.
- If you do include checked_in, we recommend also including checked_in_at to ensure complete data for future reporting.
- We do not currently support bulk inviting students to events/fairs through the Importer.
- Example of how a formatted file looks:
When your file is ready for upload:
- Upload directly to the Importer App
- Select job type "Attendees"
- Once the file has been successfully analysed with no errors, click "Submit and Request Run".
- Someone from our technical support team will process the file within 24 hours of submission.
If you do not have access to Handshake's Importer App: