Check-in kiosks with name tag printing can be used for in-person career fairs and events setup in Handshake. This guide will take you through the necessary steps to set up name tag printing.
1. Acquire a name tag printer and install the software as described in Name Tag Printing System Requirements.
Install the software on the computer you'll be using for name tag printing with this specific printer.
- Note: only one DYMO LabelWriter printer should be added to local printers in the settings. Make sure to remove others that won’t be used.
Using more than one name tag printer? Make sure to track which printers are set up per computer. The printer connected at the time of software installation will also need to be connected to that same computer the day of the event or fair.
2. Configure the name tag printing XML.
The XML is the method of formatting the name tag information, such as name, course, etc, according to your label size. For the steps to customise your own XML, refer to Name Tag XML Formatting.
3. Add your Dymo XML to the in-person fair or event in Handshake.
Make sure name tag printing is enabled on the event or fair, then paste in the XML and save your changes.
Name tags will not print if:
- the XML is saved in the event or fair, but name tag printing isn't enabled (box isn't checked)
- name tag printing is enabled, but the XML isn't saved in the text box
For specific steps, check out Add XML to an event or fair.
After configuring name tag printing, test your setup! Check out our recommendations in Testing Name Tag Printing.
Article is closed for comments.