Please note that any existing report links you have will continue to work normally!
All permissions remain the same; Career Services users will need to have Analytics "Access" and "Manage" in order to fully use Analytics!
The new Share button
This new addition provides a way to quickly generate a shareable URL, directing the recipient to the report viewable on-screen at that time, regardless of report status. This means the link can be used for an unsaved report (either an unsaved new report or existing report with unsaved changes) without requiring you to save the report.
For more information, refer to Analytics: Sharing Reports.
Scheduled Reports enable Career Services users to more easily share data with campus stakeholders and external platforms. Reports can be sent to your email address or a secure cloud file storage on the frequency of your choosing. Reports can be in a number of formats - image, PDF, CSV - to minimise the need for post-processing. This means you can create a report and then “set and forget” - Handshake will deliver the report for you.
For more information, refer to Analytics: Scheduled Reports.
The Analytics overview page has been updated to align with the same style used in other areas of Handshake (Appointments, Jobs, Employers).
On the overview page, saved reports are displayed with each of the below columns:
- Name: The chosen name of the saved report.
- Report Type: The report template type chosen for the saved report.
- Institution: The institution that created the report.
- Author: The individual that built the report.
- Favourite: To indicate if you have favourited the report. Favourited report stars will be highlighted.
You’ll be able to filter the displayed saved reports using the filters on the left of the screen:
- Keyword search: keywords search report names, institution names, and authors
- Visibility: Choose reports visible to all Career Services users, only other users at your institution, or only visible to you
- Report type: The report template type used to create the report.
- Institution: Institution the report came from.
We are so excited for this release! You are now able to save your reports either for yourself, for your colleagues, or the entire Handshake institution network.
For more information on using saved reports already in Handshake, refer to Analytics: Using Saved Reports.
If you'd like to create a new report to save and/or share, refer to Analytics: Creating a New Custom Report.
The existing Insights Data Dictionary has been added to Insights within Handshake, so each field definition is available by clicking the "i" next to the field name. You can read more on that in Analytics: Data Definitions.
We've released several updates to three report templates (Career Services Staff, Students, Employers) within Analytics, which are referred to as Merged Reports. For more information, refer to Analytics: Merged Reports.