Use the instructions below when creating events that:
- won’t be hosted at an institution
- may be hosted in partnership with a non-partner institution
- when running an event with no institution affiliation (like a conference)
1. Click Events in the left navigation bar, and click on Request Event in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. Fill out the Request Event Form with special attention to the recommendations below for certain fields. You can refer to How to Request an Event for more in-depth details on all event form fields.
4. Select the Event Format
- If Virtual, choose External video platform, where you will be able to enter your Zoom, Webex or other streaming platform information.
5. Student Check in - select this box so that candidates will be prompted to check in automatically to your virtual event upon joining before being taken to the external link (only an option for events with a valid Web Host URL or Handshake Video).
6. Visibility - Allow any student with the link to RSVP for the event. You always want to check this box, in case you decide to invite students outside of a Handshake partner institution, or in case a Handshake partner institution declines this event.
7. Institutions - do not select any institutions.
8. Registration Limit - Limit the Number of people who can register for this event.
Once your Event has been created, you will be brought directly to the Overview page of your event.
Here you can view the general event information including: date, time, location, description, activity and comments. You can also view a quick snapshot of your RSVPs in the box towards the right of the Overview page.
Tab over to the RSVPs tab to view any students that have RSVPd to your event, and utilise the filters toward the left of this page to organise and sort your event RSVPs.