If you are interested in learning more about Contacts in Handshake, we've created this resource to help address many of the questions you may have!
- How do I know which companies do not have a contact at my institution?
- Use this report link below to analyze which employers are approved but do not have a contact linked to your institution: https://app.joinhandshake.com/edu/analytics/reports/new?looker_explore_name=employers&qid=BevRTGeNfHyhKHO7ZpJFp8
- How do I make a user a contact at my institution?
- Navigate to that user's account and click the blue Create Contact for User button, located under the Actions section. For additional information, refer to Add a Contact.
- Can I invite a contact to become a user?
- Yes! If you would like to invite a contact to create an employer profile, refer to Inviting Contacts to Become Users: Standard Employer Invite Process or Inviting Contacts to Become Users: Custom Employer Invite Process.
- How does the source field get populated?
- Blank: This contact was imported with a CSV upload.
- Requested Approval: These contacts have requested to be an approved employer at your school. All of the contacts at an employer will not be created when that employer requests approval, only the specific user who requests connection.
- Alum: This contact has identified themselves as an alum of your school during creation of their user account.
- Attended Career Fair: This contact was added to a career fair registration at your school.
- Posted Event: This contact has posted an event to which you were invited.
- Posted Interview: This contact was listed as a requestor on an interview schedule at your school.
- Posted Job: This contact was listed as a contact on a job that was posted at your school.
- Attended Interview: This contact was listed as a contact on an interview schedule at your school.
- Can I filter contacts by the source field?
- Yes! On the Contacts overview page, use the Source dropdown to filter contacts based on how they were populated in Handshake.
- If the contact has completed more than one of the source actions, how will it be displayed?
- The source will be the first way in which this contact has interacted with your school within Handshake.
- What is the difference between Source = Alumni and filtering on Other "Alumni Contacts"?
- When an employer signs up for Handshake and selects your school as their Alma Mater, they are automatically added to your contact list with the Source populated as Alumni. If your school happens to create/import a contact for this individual prior to them creating an account, and you indicate that they are an Alum during that creation process, that is what populates the "Alumni Contacts" filter.
- Can I filter contacts based on employer labels?
- Yes! On the Contacts overview page, use the Employer Labels dropdown to filter contacts based on labels applied to the employer's company profile. For more information, refer to Filter Contacts: Employer Labels.
- Can I email contacts in Handshake?
- Yes! Refer to How to Email Contacts in Handshake for more information.
Article is closed for comments.