This article will review the steps to refund a career fair registration in Handshake. Note: this refund will only take place in Handshake and is not connected to the external payment system you are using (TouchNet, CASHNet or Stripe).
- Open the career fair registration that you plan to refund
- Click Record Payment or Refund
- Enter the amount of the refund that you would like to issue (make sure that it has a negative sign first)
- Click Submit Payment or Refund
- You will see the Payment History which includes the payment and the refund
- A receipt will be sent to the Registrant on the registration, an example is below
- If you would like to send an updated invoice to registrants and contacts:
- Click View/Create Invoices
- Click Create New Invoice
- Important Note: If you would like to remove the amount due from the registration you will need to discount the registration:
- Click New One-off Discount
- Discount the registration
Commonly Asked Questions
- Can I refund a registration that has not yet paid?
- No, you will see the following message if you try to refund a registration with no payments.
- How do I resend receipts on a registration?
- View the registration list page, click the options section and select Resend Receipts