This article will review the steps to record a fair registration refund in Handshake.
Note: This process will only change the registration record in Handshake. It is NOT connected to the external payment system you are using (TouchNet, CASHNet or Stripe). In order to issue the refund, you will need to follow the applicable process per your payment provider/payment method.
1. Navigate to the fair registration that you would like to record a refund for.
2. Click Record Payment or Refund, on the left of the registration's page.
3. Fill in the pop-up form that appears:
- Amount (text field) - enter the amount of the refund that you would like to issue –– make sure that it has a negative sign first "-75".
- Private Notes (text field) - these are only visible to other staff members
- Send Myself Receipt (checkbox) - if you'd like a copy of the receipt emailed to you
- Custom Message (text field) - enter a custom message that will be shown in the receipt email
4. Click Record Payment or Refund in the lower-right corner of the pop-up.
On the registration page, the Payment History section includes payments and refunds:
5. A receipt will be sent to the fair registrant with the subject "Receipt for EMPLOYER NAME: Registration for FAIR NAME at SCHOOL NAME". This is how the email will appear:
Note: If you would like to generate a new invoice for the employer, please refer to Fairs: Updating Invoices to Reflect Payments or Refunds.
Can I refund a registration that has not yet paid?
- No. An error will appear that states "Charge refund must not be greater than the amount already paid".
- In this situation, you may want to consider offering a one-off discount instead. Learn more here
How do I resend receipts on a registration?
- View the registration list page, click the options section and select Resend Receipts
Article is closed for comments.