Scheduling employer-hosted meetings is a great way to connect virtually with students/alumni following an event or fair, for interviews, or just to share information quickly!
Within the Scheduling tab, existing schedules are visible within the tabs Active, Expired, and All, and you can quickly create new schedules.
Please note: The Employer-hosted Meetings feature is part of the Virtual Events Module - if you do not currently have this package, check with your Customer Success Manager for more information!
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information on our Premium offering, please check out this resource!
Notable terms when using employer-hosted schedules:
- Schedule: a collection of designated times that are used for student (candidate) interaction
- Schedule Type: refers to the session setup being used (Quick Screens, Interviews, and Office Hours)
- Note: these schedule types are different than Availability Calendars. Learn more about Availability Calendars for Virtual Info Chats.
- Sessions: refer to a specific day that a schedule is occurring on
- Meetings: refer to a specific segment of time within a schedule
- The exception is when marking unavailable - "Mark session unavailable" refers to the selected meeting time.
- Interviewers: employer team members added to host meetings with students (candidates)
- Students and Candidates are often used interchangeably on documentation related to this feature, but we try to keep the verbiage aligned with what is in Handshake directly.
New schedules may be created by Recruiters, Owners, and Admins (Premium seat not required). via clicking Scheduling from the left navigation bar, then clicking the blue button New Schedule in the upper-right of the page.
Schedules can be recurring or one-time only, and they may be hosted with integrated video on Handshake or via an external video provider of your choice.
Learn how to Create a Schedule.
Schedule Management and Inviting Students
Once a schedule has been created, Recruiters, Owners, and Admins can mark sessions unavailable, invite or add students, add interviewers, or delete/cancel meetings as well.
Representatives, Ambassadors, and Student Ambassadors have access to invite a candidate to specific meetings they are hosting, and they may also remove themselves as a host from meetings.
All user types have access to copy the invite link for a schedule. The link copied is a publicly shareable link, enabling all students to sign up for a session.
Learn more in Employer-hosted Schedules: Manage a Schedule.
Launching a scheduled session
Interviewers will be able to launch video up to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to test audio/video quality.
Some employers may have particular settings to adjust (such as permissions or unblocking IPs or domains), which you can read more about here Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting (Employers).
When the interviewer is ready to launch Handshake Video, click Launch Video in the Location column.
Click Join Now to launch the session.
Audio and video settings can be adjusted (and problems can be reported) prior to joining by clicking the three dots menu in the lower right of your picture or video.
This same menu can be accessed via Settings in the lower-left corner of the window once the session has been launched.
To share your screen in the session, click the desktop computer icon, to the right of the video icon. You'll be able to share your entire screen, a specific application window, or a specific browser tab.
When you're ready to end the session, click Leave Session, then End Session for All.