With employer-hosted schedules, Handshake's Premium partners can organize and meet with students via integrated video in Handshake, an external platform, or in-person.
Note: Employer-hosted Schedules, except for Availability Calendars, are a part of Event Manager. If you do not currently have this package, check with your Customer Success Manager for more information.
If you'd like to set up a schedule for an Availability Calendar, refer to Availability Calendars: Set up a Schedule.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information on our Premium offering, please check out this resource!
Create a new schedule
1. Click Meetings from the left navigation bar, then click the blue button Create in the top-right corner of the page. From the dropdown menu, select Meeting schedule.
2. Complete the fields in the Details section of the form.
- Purpose (choose one)
- Quick screen: Evaluate students or provide insights about a role
- Interview: Evaluating students to make a hire
- Office hours: Provide information at various stages of hiring
- Provide a summary of the purpose, content, or key details of the schedule.
- Location (choose one)
- Handshake video
- If you wish to record the meeting, toggle the Record meetings button.
- External video
- Enter the meeting location address.
- Handshake video
3. Click the blue button Continue in the lower-right corner of the form to proceed.
4. Complete the fields in the Date and time section of the form.
- Duration (defaults to 30 minutes, and your local time zone)
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 60 minutes
- Click into the Date field and enter the date in mm/dd/yyyy format, OR
- Select the date from the calendar modal, then click the blue button Apply.
- Click into the AM and PM fields, and choose a start and end time.
- Click into the Timezone field, and choose your local timezone.
- Does this schedule repeat?
- If not, leave the button unselected.
- If yes, toggle the button.
- Select the frequency of repetition, then enter the schedule end date in the calendar picker.
Note: schedules cannot repeat for more than 6 months.
5. Once all the details are entered, click the blue button Create schedule. The page will refresh to load the newly created schedule, including the meeting times and candidates.
Upon creating the schedule, you can review and manage it as needed. Explore Employer-hosted Schedules: Manage a Schedule.