If you're not able to join a session you're scheduled to attend, follow the steps below to troubleshoot!
Handshake mobile app on iOS or Android
1. Make sure your device has a reliable Internet connection. If you're using cellular data, make sure you've granted permission for the app to use that connection.
- iOS: Open the Settings app, scroll down and tap "Handshake", then make sure Cellular Data is toggled on. Alternatively, navigate to Settings > Cellular, then toggle Handshake on.
- Android: Open the Settings app, then navigate to Wireless & networks > Data usage > Network access, then make sure Handshake is checked for Mobile data.
2. Close the app and reopen.
3. Restart your mobile device.
Computer (desktop web)
1. Make sure your computer has a reliable Internet connection.
- Minimize the number of resources (i.e. close unused tabs and applications) on the computer.
- If you're on wifi, move closer to your router.
- If you're using ethernet, try unplugging the cable and reconnecting it.
- Twilio provides a network test to test internet, audio, visual, etc: https://video-diagnostics.twilio.com/
2. Use the latest version of a supported browser. We recommend Chrome or Firefox for the best experience! Follow the bullets below to troubleshoot the browser.
- Make sure that pop-ups are allowed in the browser, as video sessions will open in a new tab or window!
- Refresh the page on your browser.
- Quit and restart the browser.
- Try a different supported browser.
3. Restart your computer.