The Manage Feature Releases permission is recommended for anyone on your team who should make product release and email campaign decisions on behalf of your team regarding your Handshake instance.
The individual(s) with this permission are notified about product updates and key email campaigns, and they manage toggles on new adoption features. It may be helpful for them to also have the "Handshake Point of Contact" permission, for optimal communication from Handshake. For more details, check out "Handshake Point of Contact" Permission for Career Services.
We recommend providing the Manage Feature Releases permission to only one staff member at your institution. If you need to provide this role to more staff members, that's up to the discretion of your team!
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click School Settings.
2. Click Staff Management from the menu on the left of the page.
3. Locate the name of the staff member who should receive emails from Handshake and click Manage to the right of their name, then click Edit User from the dropdown.
4. Click Roles from the left menu, then click the blue link Show Permissions, located below the Permission Groups in the middle of the page.
5. Check the box to the left of Manage Feature Releases, located under the Advanced Settings section of the page, then click the blue button Save at the bottom of the page.
Once the Manage Feature Releases role is assigned, the staff member can access and manage the Feature Preferences within School Settings.
The Feature Releases tab is updated regularly with product launches and email activation options to send, and only the individuals with the “Manage Feature Preferences” permissions will be able to make decisions in this tab. Any decision made will impact your school’s entire Handshake instance. In other words, different decisions cannot be made for different groups of students.
Article is closed for comments.