Handshake offers enhanced account management options to keep your account secure.
Employer User Account Types
One user per company profile may be the Owner. This user has the ability to perform all roles, including editing the company's branding page and managing staff.
The Owner is typically the person who originally created the company profile in Handshake, however, this role can be transferred to another teammate if needed. See How to Transfer Ownership for more details.
If the Owner of your company is no longer able to access Handshake, please contact our Support Team for assistance.
Benefits of an Account Owner:
- Clear point of contact for new recruiters at your company trying to gain access to Handshake
- Account security: Only the Account Owner can approve new recruiters and disable old accounts
- Brand security: Only the Account Owner can make updates to your company page
Account Owners: Approving Accounts
- Only admins will receive an email alert to approve or decline new recruiters that need access to their company
- Admins will be alerted in Handshake of any accounts waiting for approval with a notification icon
The most common role among users connected to a company profile.
Recruiters are not able to edit your company branding page, the account information of other recruiters, or approve new recruiters trying to gain access to your company's account
Other than that, recruiters have full access to post jobs, interviews and events.
Representatives can participate in fairs and events, both in-person and virtual. Think of it as ‘read-only’ rights to all things event related. They can help on-campus, but can’t see any personal data like a student’s application. Representatives cannot:
- Request Institution Access
- Post Jobs / Interviews
- Request Events / Fairs
- Review Job & Interview Applicants
- Send Messages
- View student profiles
Administrator, Hiring Manager, Ambassador
These roles are reserved for our Premium Employer Partners. For more information, please see Role Based Access: Managing Roles.
Additional Resources for Owners and Admins:
- Managing Teammate Roles
- How to Deactivate or Reinstate Teammate Accounts
- How to Transfer Ownership
- How to Edit the Company Profile
- How to Approve New Staff Members to Join the Company Profile