On Handshake, you can invite your colleague to join your company profile using their email address.
The steps listed below can be used to find out if your colleague already has an account created.
- Open an incognito window (to circumvent your account being logged in) and navigate to https://app.joinhandshake.co.uk/login
- Enter your colleague's email address in the email field under Employers & Career Centres and click Next.
- If there is no account linked to that email, a message will appear saying "Hmmm... Looks like here is no account on file for EMAIL", which means you can add the teammate to your company profile.
- If there is a prompt to login, this means that your colleague has already created a Handshake account, and you can't manually add them to your company profile.
- We recommend they log into their account and verify the company profile they're connected to. Please note that users can only be connected to one company profile per email address.
- If they find that they are connected to the wrong company, they can disconnect their account and request to connect with your company instead. For additional details, refer to Leaving a Company in Handshake.
Manually adding teammates
1. Click on your name in the top-right corner of any page, then select Teammates from the dropdown.
2. Click the button Add Teammate Manually in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Fill out the fields on the page. Fields marked with an asterisk(*) are required. Your colleague can edit this information.
- Email address*
- First name*
- Last name*
- Visible on Company Profile
- When checked, students can view the user's contact information and message them from your company's profile page.
- For additional guidance, refer to A Guide to Employer Role Types in Handshake.
- Mobile Phone Number
- Office Phone Number*
- This is the message that will be included in your colleague's invitation email.
4. Click the green button Create User in the lower-right corner of the page to setup the account and send an invite email.
The user you've just added will appear in the Teammates list, and their status will be Not confirmed until they confirm their account.
5. Your colleague will receive an email with the following details:
Subject: "You have been invited to Handshake"
From: Handshake <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Content: "You have been added as a staff member", including details such as company name, the employee that added them, and the email username.
They'll need to click the link "Confirm My Account" to activate the account
On the page that loads, they'll set and confirm their password, then click Confirm Account. Once confirmed, your teammate will be able to log in to their account and begin using Handshake features.
Article is closed for comments.