If you would like to edit or delete a document that was previously loaded in Handshake, this article provides step by step instructions on how to do so!
For a video walkthrough, refer to Video: How to Edit a Document.
If you plan to edit or delete a document attached to a job application in Handshake, learn about the impact in Managing Documents Attached to an Application.
1. Click on your account icon in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click Documents.
2. Find the document you want to edit or delete and click on the name of it.
3. On the right side of the screen under Document Information, click on either the:
- blue button Edit Document
- red and white button Delete Document
Edit the document
On the editing page, you can change the following:
- Document name
- Document type
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Make the document public (displays document on your profile for employers)
Click the green button Update Document after you've finished making changes.
Delete a Document
Once you click Delete Document, you will be prompted to confirm this deletion.
Note: Handshake does not store old versions of your documents, so if you delete a document you think you might want to reference in the future, we suggest keeping a copy of that document in your own files.
Article is closed for comments.