Configuring default employer approval settings will determine what roles (if any) an employer is automatically given when you approve them to connect with your institution.
The more roles you grant automatically, the less manual work your staff will have to do to grant specific role approvals, and the faster employers will be able to engage with your students and institutions.
- If you tend to be selective about which employers can post interview schedules, you’ll want to require manual approval for this role.
- If you allow any employer approved by your institution to post jobs, you’d want to automatically approve this role.
The choice is yours and really depends on how much time you spend manually approving roles and whether or not you plan to grant different employers different roles.
To set your institution's default employer approval settings:
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen to display the Account Settings Menu. From the list of options, click Institution Settings. This will bring you into your institution's profile page.
2. From the menu on the left of the page, click Employer Approval Preferences.
3. Click to check the box(es) next to the roles you would like to grant to newly approved employers moving forward.
- Post Events: grants employers the permission to request events at your institution. The career centre will still need to review event requests.
- Post Jobs: grants employers the permission to request jobs be posted at your institution. The career centre will still need to review job postings, unless you also check Auto-Approve Jobs.
- Auto-Approve Jobs: enables all job postings from the employer to be posted to students as soon as the employer submits the job to your institution
- Post Interview Schedules: grants employers the permission to request on-campus interviews be posted at your institution. The career centre will still need to review interview requests, unless you also check Auto-Approve Interview Schedules.
- Auto-Approve Interview Schedules: enables all on-campus interviews from the employer to be posted to students as soon as the employer submits the request
4. Click the blue button Save Changes when you're finished.
Upon approving employer connection requests, the checked roles will automatically be granted to newly approved employers moving forward. This setting does not impact any employers that have already been approved previously.
These settings can be edited at any time by repeating these steps, again with no impact to existing approved employers – only impacting newly approved employers after the changes are saved.
From the company profile page, you can manage individual roles per employer at any time.
Note: From the employer perspective, once the connection is approved, your institution will need to be added to their Favourites list in order for them to see your institution appear as an option for Events/Jobs/Interviews.