Career Services users can add a custom message, link, and info label to the student registration page to better inform students about what is required when requesting a Handshake account. This appears when a student registers for a new account.
- Best Practice: use these options to include any requirements or specific steps needed to be approved for a Handshake account at your institution, such as an ID number or other helpful information!
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Institution Settings from the dropdown.
2. The Details tab loads by default - on this page, scroll down to the Configuration section. From here you can add a:
- User request custom message to provide guidance or instruction on what to enter or what comes next, such as a recommendation to use their university provided email to expedite their setup.
- User request custom link to direct students to an external site that they need to visit before being approved in Handshake.
- User request custom link label to identify the custom link for students.
- User request additional info label to let students know what additional information they need to include to be approved as a user in Handshake. Students will be presented with an empty field to fill in based on the label.
3. When finished, click the green button Update Institution in the lower-right corner of the page.
Here is an example of a custom message with a custom link:
If you requested an additional info label, the student will be prompted to provide this before completing their request. Here's an example of this field:
The Additional Info Label entry and student submitted response appear below the institution name within the Email Action popup when reviewing a student request.
For more information on approving student requests, refer to How to Process Student & Alumni Connection Requests.